Monday, July 27, 2009

There are better places to put your cell phone than...

the edge of the sink next to the toilet
the door pocket of your car, that throws everything out when slammed shut
underneath any sort of tire
the pocket of your dirty jeans headed for the wash
Dwight's jello
the dash bench in the front window (sizzle, sizzle)
your classroom desk, available to all students
a window sill, open for all to enter or exit
and
in the hip of your bathing suit.  especially when wearing said bathing suit while on "loading the waverunner" duty, which requires you to be in the lake.  hips included.

blast.

of course i am annoyed at the amount of money i cost myself for not thinking.   i am especially regretful of the notes i had tucked away in there.  like the ones i took recently while listening to an interesting 2 a.m. conversation at Huntington Beach.  irretrievable.  

blast.

p.s.  if my drowned phone had your number in it, please send it to me.

6 comments:

Trishelle said...

UG! I'm soooooo sooooo soooo sorry! That is totally frustrating.

On the other hand, how cool is it that you had wave runner loading duty? Naturally, that means you are near water AND having some fabulous fun with water crafts! (Unless, of course, you are subjected to Cinderella-like conditions and only get to do the work--no play)

It's good to hear you are soaking up the sun with some seriously awesome summer activities!

I sure love ya and look forward to seeing pictures of your Arizonian Adventure!

I'll buzz you an email with my phone number on it. ;)

Tiffany said...

Blast! How many phones have you lost...? I miss you!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I didn't know there was enough water in Arizona to drown a cell phone! Good job. I'll send you my numbers as soon as you send me your email....deal?! Loves

Unknown said...

i dont understand that is like 10 phones...really? and when were you at huntingbeach with out me?!

Mary Ann said...

It is just kinda funny though. love ya.

Denice said...

Wow..and I thought my husband was bad when it came to his phone! :) The $4.99 a month insurance fee has saved us many times!! :) You might want to look into it from the sounds of this...