Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Differences of Opinion

When you tell people that you're going on a 7-day, 7-night cruise with someone you barely know, responses will vary:

Me: "I'm going on a cruise with a man that I sort-of know."

Friend A: "Of course you are."

Friend B: "You didn't meet this guy online, did you?"

Grandmother-figure: "Please bring me back a magnet."

Mom: "Do you think you're going to fool around?" followed by my first real Birds and the Bees Talk.

Co-worker: "I'll get you the best-ever waterproof mascara."

Boss: "Are you going to end up moving somewhere? Because I just got you trained."

Friend D: "What if you get chopped up and thrown overboard? Haven't you seen Dexter?"

Guy friend: "Sweeeeeeeet."

Friend E: "Am I supposed to talk you into your senses or be supportive right now?"

Boss #2: "Exactly how funny is this guy?"

Friend D: "There are a lot of places you can go on a cruise ship to get away from someone."

Co-worker #2: Glare.

Aunt: "I have a velvety, sparkly dress for you to wear in case you have dinner with the captain."

Cousin: "What did your mother say?"

Cousin's husband: "hee hee hee..."

Parents: "Please get pregnant."


It's against my religion to get pregnant on a cruise ship, so no worries there.

I am back and unchopped; maybe a little bit sparkley, as the sun will do that to you.

6 comments:

Trishelle said...

Awww man! There goes our end of the year cruise plans--seeing as how it'd be losing our religion.

Welcome home! I'm so glad you had a most excellent adventure!

Hepworths said...

ahhh, we need to talk! i can't wait to hear about the trip!!

Tiffany said...

I can't remember what my response was? CALL ME!

Brian and Nellene said...

This post is funny funny funny!

Dustin said...

That is by far the most hilarious post I've ever read.

Joy and Ted said...

That was a great way to tell your story. I loved it and definitely need a follow-up. He is funny btw.