Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Farm House

Nellene is one of my best friends from college. she was my advisor for a service club i directed. despite her best efforts to keep her relationship with her students professional, i won by making her my friend as well. eventually we were roommates in Logan, she road-tripped to me in Denver, flew to me in Philly, and let me sleep in her SLC bed a few years ago when my mom was in the hospital down the street from her. that is a true friend: someone willing to share their bed for 6 toasty summer weeks.

i value many things in Nellene. one of the greatest is her ability to help me understand myself. she's taught me much about patience, about relationships (a piece of her advice still rings in my ears: Let go of people who are bad for you), and about who i want to be as a woman.

Nel is recently married and now living in Nashville, TN with her husband Brian. they have a charming little farmhouse that belongs in Anne of Green Gables Land. AnneLand.














Perfect little Dream House!

2 comments:

Hepworths said...

Oh I am loving that farmhouse!!

Brian and Nellene said...

Thanks for these great posts about your trip here! We miss you already!