Monday, November 17, 2008

Come-a-what?

this video is dedicated to Juan Perez, Dugway High School mid-nineties. Yeah Baby!


along with teaching me the words to this song, Juan played a few other vital roles in my growing up.

the night i got my driver's license, i took my very own car, a 1978 red Ford Torino (sweet) to our town's Teen Center. i was scared about backing out in front of people, so two of my friends, Laura Dawn and Camilla, and i left fifteen minutes before the TC closed so that no one would see. well, my wish for inconspicuousness failed as i flooded the engine and got the car stuck in the middle of the parking lot so that no one get out. i remember Lar and Cam and i in a panic, trying to push the boat, as everyone started spilling out of the building at 11. Juan got control of the situation as he told me to put the car in neutral and pushed me home with his mom's mini-van. the rest of the TC peeps were running along side of the car holding on to the the open doors on each side. LD and Cam and i were all on the bench seat stifling hysterical laughter. my dad was very amused when i got home and told him i'd already ruined the car and a mini-van had to push me home.

fast forward a few years to my freshman year at USU, springtime. one day, The Boy I Loved came to me and said that some girl had just told him she had feelings for him, wanted to be his girlfriend, and he asked if i had anything to say about that. i said No. later that night Juan came over to visit Mary Ann and I after he got off work at Matrix. we used to sit around talking on our used couch in our little Bridgerland apartment until odd hours of the night. when i told him the news of the day, Juan was horrified at my sissy-ness and he kicked my butt out the door in the middle of the night to go and tell The Boy how i really felt.
it was a good night.

here is a picture of a car just like mine. it was voted the ugliest car in the school. but it didn't matter, because man could we pack a lot of people in there!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a sweet ride! Ugliest car?? NO WAY. Look at that GRILL!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha I miss hearing you sing! I don't remember that car..... But its awesome! I can just picture you guys in the car while everyone pushed you, thanks for the laugh! FYI now that I'm private it won't show you when I post so my last public post will be there, I'm trying to figure out how to change that, you need to read the post about Will losing his hat, you will laugh!

Gabi said...

Hahaha... This car is too american. Is the car we see in all the hollywood movies!!! I LOVE it!!! =D

Miss you.
G

Heather Bankhead said...

tiff--you would definitely be the one who could picture this situation the best!