Wednesday, November 5, 2008

POÇO AZUL

The Lonely Planet asks the question: "Which is more wild in Brazil, the people or the animals?"

here you can see that the answer is probably our friends. Saturday we went swimming somewhere in the middle of nowhere. it was a very beautiful place called Poco Azul. i wish i had access to Portuguese alphabet changes here, so you could see how it is really written. imagine that C with a little tail on it, looking like an up-side-down peach.

in a case of Lost in Translation, i thought we were going to a little town for lunch or something, and then to see a waterfall. i imagined a Brazilian version of one of those quaint little ski or mining towns up the canyon off Denver (Beau Joe's, anyone?). luckily, i double checked the night before to know if we needed bathing suits, since my original understanding of what the day was was completely off.

early saturday morning we all piled, literally, into Taiza's car and headed off for an adventure. Poco Azul is very beautiful. better than Beau Joe's.


these fabulous pictures were taken by our good friend Fernando, as well as the movie.
thanks Duck!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, Heather!!! i LOVE your blog!!! it's great to see that you guys are having lots of fun here in Brasilia! I'm glad i met you and Rachel and i'm looking forward to more adventures with you!! i love your writing!! i mean it!!! you should become a writer! i'd probably be a huge fan and buy all of your books! lol
you are so cute and i loved the pics. I like you so much... you truly make me happy!!! Thanks for the funny moments!!! i love them all!!!
take care, sweetie!!! beijos.. see you later

Mary Ann said...

Ok, it is official you are never going to come back! I wouldn't, oh wait, I would because Obama is president! Looks so beautiful there. I wish I could go swimming right now. And funny thing, the Deseret News had an article about a new Brazilian cookbook that a LDS couple just published. I thought of you!

Fernando said...

Hey, girl. Nice pics. That guy is a talent! =D lol. Just kidding...

I'd be jealous of you right now if I was american.

And Obama is president. He's not a huge fan of Brasil, but I'm happy for you guys.

Beijo,

P.S.: The letter you're looking for is 'Ç' =D

Unknown said...

Wow beautiful, I really like the photos tooo! and who are all these cute girls? you will have to get them to go to Rio when I come!

Heather Bankhead said...

chad, there is only one other girl in there and she is married. the other two are guys. i think you should check the pictures a bit more carefully.

Denice said...

Heather - your blog is great! You looks SO gorgeous! I'm glad you are having so much fun in such a beautiful place!

Tiffany said...

Those pictures are A-mazing, will you bring him home with you so he can take some of my family?? Looks like lots of fun, I'm happy you are enjoying your time there!!!