Friday, December 5, 2008

Wednesday Thanksgiving

at the EAB.

the kids helping to prepare all the food:

cleaning the fish

José making the zucchini bread

Vinicius prepping the chicken


this is the woman who thought i spoke Portuguese

our Brazilian/American Thanksgiving menu:

mashed potatoes and gravy


corn

zucchini bread


pancakes

big pumpkin pie made by me

cream for the pumpkin pie. i failed to mention it was supposed to be whipped.

your guess is as good as mine

BBQ
Coke

juice, which is on every Brasilian table
rice

salad

fish

and, thanks to José's maid who doesn't mind cooking big things up last-second, turkey

Victór and José eating too soon! BTW, José is pronounced "jghosay", so don't say it in your head with an H at the beginning.

saying thanks around the table

the crew
and, my favorite, Lucas trying my pumpkin pie. most of the Brasilians thought it looked really gross and weird, so they wouldn't eat it. but the ones who were brave and bucked up loved it. so did the teachers. they better have--it was from scratch scratch scratch.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a feast! and how fun that you were able to help all the kids make the yummy dishes. I am sure your pie was tasty- I can't wait to hear all the details about how it was from scratch, scratch, scratch- I can imagine it took awhile and was quite difficult!

benniegirl said...

your pumpkin pie looks delish & I don't even like pumpkin pie. :) I love all the colorful pictures of your cooking adventures, even back to the salsa-very artistic.